Defect Tracking is a complete incident and response tracking
system. Use Aegis Defect Tracking to track problems, client requests
or enhancements. Aegis Defect Tracking make it easy to improve
the quality of service and increase the speed of resolving problem
incidents. Deliver quality not defect!
Defect Tracking's networked view of external customer, vendors,
suppliers, internal support team, internal product team, and product
information will enable the company team to build and track progress
of product development efficiently. The Aegis
web front end facility provides a secured and controlled view
of information for customers and product teams to log product
defects and enhancement requests, check status of progress and
also search information you provide about your support initiatives.
This facility is accessible with 24/7 convenience using a browser
such as the Internet Explorer. Web self-service capability provided
by Aegis Defect Tracking will reduce the call volume to your product
support team and build focus on business-centric activities.
DEFECT TRACKING AND RESOLUTION
- Log and classify each incident by Call Type,
Severity, Priority and other attributes. Each field is fully
configurable and you can classify incidents any way you like.
Use the form designer to design multiple forms. This allows
different users to use different forms depending on their skill
levels. You can also define different forms for your clients,
suppliers, resellers or 3rd party providers. You can then assign
the forms to them for web access.
- Log calls via the web. The web front end can
be access by your staff and clients and can be used together
with the Windows version.
- Use the web front end to provide your external
clients with a self-help facility and reduce support calls and
cost. Give your clients the ability to log and view their own
calls, search the knowledge base and view FAQs via the web without
them calling your support center.
- Record an overview of the incident or the
full details including error messages and the surrounding circumstances.
You can also attach external files such as faxes, log files
and screen dumps to each incident.
- Record any number of responses to an incident
as the incident progresses to some end-status. Instantly review
the history of responses to a selected incident.
- Record release notes for an incident. Relevant
release notes can be extracted and printed when a new version
of your product is released.
- Allocate a call to a user or a group of users.
- Use Call Queue to quickly view who is working
on what and easily reassign calls.
- Estimate the time and amount spent for each
incident and let Aegis Defect Tracking calculate the actual
time and amount spent. Track the total cost and time spent to
resolve a problem.
- Use work flow to automatically reassign a
call when the status changes from one state to another. Work
flow is fully configurable based on call type.
- Track how a call will impact on other areas
and schedule tasks to be performed before work commences on
a call or after it is resolved.
- Track parts used to resolve an incident and
the total cost of parts used.
- Link common incidents together. When you close
an incident, you can optionally close all linked incidents.
- Attach an unlimited number of files to each
incident. You can also attach files in the web version and view
- Easily e-mail reports, knowledge base and
FAQs to internal staff or clients.
- Use Job Statistics to show how many incidents
are added, closed or escalated for a predefined interval. This
is fully configurable using templates. For example, you can
define a template to show:
- How many incident were closed in less than 2hours
- How many incidents were closed in 2 to 4 hours
- How many incidents were closed in 4 to 8 hours
- How many incidents were closed in over 8 hours
Automatically notify clients and internal users of any
changes. With automatic notification, nothing falls through the
cracks. You can customize the message being sent by inserting
system directives, fields from the database and any free form
text. This allows you to create a more personalize message for
each notification type. Two levels of notifications are provided;
record level and field level notifications.
- With record level notification, you can define
the appropriate clients and user to notify when a new incident
is added, edited, copied or deleted. The notification is based
on changes to a record.
- With field level notification, you can define
the appropriate clients and users to notify when a field is
changed or when a field equals a defined value. The notification
is based on changes to a field on a record. For example, you
can automatically notify the QA team or client when the status
of an incident is resolved or notify the user to whom you allocated
the incident to for resolution.
- Support for external e-mails.
A fully searchable knowledge base with resolution histories.
Automatically create a knowledge base from the incident records
you add. Over a period of time, you can build up a knowledge base
of common problems and also a resolution history. Aegis Defect
Tracking will automatically generate the Article number for each
- Resolve incidents quickly using the fully
searchable knowledge base with resolution histories.
- Draw on the knowledge of all team members.
Create an unlimited number of contacts for each client. Store
all your client information in one central location.
- Easily generate phone list, mailing list,
e-mail list, contact list and any other list from your client
- Record client activities/correspondences.
- Record client feedback
- Create Client invoices and quotations. Automatically
convert a quote to an invoice.
- Record offers made to clients.
- Record products purchased by clients.
- Record sales opportunities.
Broadcast messages via e-mail to your clients or internal
users. You can also merge data from your database to create a
personalized message. You can also include attachments in the
- Quickly and easily notify your clients via
e-mail of new products or fixes for your existing products without
the time consuming task of sending out letters.
- Broadcast message to clients on a special
Comprehensive reporting tools and graphing capabilities.
- Print a variety of reports. For example,
how long it took to resolve an incident, how old is an incident,
when is the last response date for an incident, the estimated,
actual and variance of time and cost for each incident. You
can also select the fields you want printed, specify a filter
to select the required records and how the report should be
sorted. This feature gives you an unlimited view of your data.
- Graph your data to look at how calls
are distributed and analyze trends. See the big picture at a
glance with Distribution and Trend graphs.
INCIDENT FILTERS, VIEWS, SORT FIELDS
AND CELL STYLES
Use filters, views and sort fields to show you the records you
want to see in the form you need to see it in.
- Filters are a powerful facility that allows
you to do exactly that – a filtering of database information
to view selected records only. As you add records and your database
becomes bigger, it becomes more difficult to locate the records
you are interested in. For example, you may want to look at
only calls that have not been allocated to the development teams
for resolution, or enhancements requested by your clients, or
all clients in a given country.
- Filters can also be used in reports, graphs,
import, export, broadcast message and mail merge operation.
- Views allow you to select specific fields
to be displayed on the grid on the main window. You can also
attach a filter, sort fields and cell style to a view.
- User defined sort fields allow you to sort
your records by more than one field. For example, you can sort
your records by Reference # in ascending order, followed by
Status in descending order and Call Type in ascending order.
- Cell style allows you to highlight records
based on the value of a field. For example, if Priority is Low,
set the color to green, if High, set it to red.
CUSTOMIZED FORM DESIGNER
Use the program as supplied or change it to work your way. Set
up your own databases, the way you want them. Change your view
of information, define field names and attributes, attach a list
box to a field and use the form designer to design your own window
– you name it. Each field is fully configurable.
- Form designer. Hide fields you don't need,
move fields around by dragging and dropping them to a new position
and specifying the tab order of each fields.
- Configurable field properties let you define
field names, compulsory fields, attach list boxes (look up)
to fields and provide default values.
- Incident and asset number can be generated
or user defined. If you select to have the reference number
generated, you can specify the parts that make up the reference
number to suite your needs.
OPTIONAL ADD-ON MODULES
The following optional add-ons are available for Aegis Defect
- E-mail Server
- Report Scheduler
- System Alerts
- Database Monitor
See information about Aegis Add-On Modules here.
AND MUCH MORE…
- Interface to external e-mail systems
- Full security control
- Record templates, auto complete and populate
options for quick and accurate data entry
- Unlimited number of databases
- Data import and export
- Group update and delete
- Configurable audit history
- Create unlimited user groups
- Full security
- Option to change colors used for grid, headings,
scroll buttons, compulsary fields, list bars, contact fields
- Option to change field names, hide and rename
- Option to create list boxes and list box values,
and add these list boxes to almost any field
- Mail merge with Word documents
- Define your own list boxes and values (lookups)
- Product inventory
- Track competitors
- Track cost centers, custodians, locations,
manufacturers, service providers and suppliers
- Track staff training history
- Record staff’s internal and external
charge rates for costing
- Reminders to remind you of due dates or other
- Copy record to clipboard
- Network ready for multi-user environment