Help Desk is a help desk, incident and response tracking, and
asset management system. This integrated functionality helps companies
to automate many of the administrative and communication tasks
associated with providing customer, information technology (IT),
or product support.
Help Desk's networked view of customer, product and service information
will enable support teams to work with different organizations
effectively to provide timely, and accurate responses to customers.
The trouble handling and escalation features automatically escalate
unresolved incidents to help companies meet its overall quality
of service objectives. The Aegis
web front end facility provides a secured and controlled view
of information for customers to log their own support calls, check
status of progress and also search FAQs and knowledge bases provided
by you. This facility is accessible with 24/7 convenience using
a browser such as Internet Explorer. Web self-service capability
provided by Aegis Help Desk will reduce the call volume to your
support team, and enable companies to provide a consistent level
of care to the customer.
Help Desk is customizable to suit your unique information needs.
The attributes and reporting mechanisms can be tailored easily
to include incident notification messages, broadcast messages,
criteria for escalation and tracking priority. Simply use the
setups we provide you out of the box, or configure to suit your
additional needs. The Aegis Add-On modules are available to enhance
the Aegis Help Desk product suite.
HELP DESK AND SUPPORT INCIDENT REPORT
Customizable attributes makes it easy to tailor information and
enhance the work flow in your customer service center.
- Log and classify each incident by Call Type,
Severity, Priority and other attributes. Each field is fully
configurable and you can classify incidents any way you like.
- Record an overview of the incident or the
full details including error messages and the surrounding circumstances.
You can also attach external files such as faxes, log files
and screen dumps to each incident.
- Record any number of responses to an incident
as the incident progresses to some end-status. Instantly review
the history of responses to a selected incident.
- Record release notes for an incident. Relevant
release notes can be extracted and printed when a new version
of your product is released.
- Allocate a call to a user or a group of users.
Use the Call Queue to quickly view who is working on what and
easily reassign calls. The Call Queue window shows the total
number of new, open, closed and escalated incidents, and the
total number of responses. You can also define your own queues.
You can directly pick up and re-assign a call to another user
while in the Call Queue.
- Estimate the time and amount spent for each
incident and let Aegis Help Desk calculate the actual time and
amount spent. Track the total cost and time spent to resolve
- Use workflow to automatically reassign a
call when the status changes from one state to another. Workflow
is fully configurable based on call type.
- Track how a call will impact on other areas
and schedule tasks to be performed before work commences on
a call or after it is resolved.
- Track parts used to resolve an incident and
the total cost of parts used.
- Link common incidents together.
- Attach an unlimited number of files to each
- Use Job Responses to show total number of
new, open, closed and escalated incidents and also total number
of responses for a given date range.
Automatically notify clients and internal users of any
changes. With automatic notification, nothing falls through the
cracks. You can customize the message being sent by inserting
system directives, fields from the database and any free form
text. This allows you to create a more personalize message for
each notification type. Two levels of notifications are provided;
record level and field level notifications.
- With record level notification, you can define
the appropriate clients and user to notify when a new incident
is added, edited, copied or deleted. The notification is based
on changes to a record.
- With field level notification, you can define
the appropriate clients and users to notify when a field is
changed or when a field equals a defined value. The notification
is based on changes to a field on a record. For example, you
can automatically notify the QA team or client when the status
of an incident is resolved or notify the user to whom you allocated
the incident to for resolution.
- Support for external e-mails.
A fully searchable knowledge base with resolution histories.
Automatically create a knowledge base from the incident records
you add. Over a period of time, you can build up a knowledge base
of common problems and also a resolution history. Aegis Help Desk
will automatically generate the Article number for each knowledge
- Resolve incidents quickly using the fully
searchable knowledge base with resolution histories.
- Draw on the knowledge of all team members.
Create an unlimited number of contacts for each client. Store
all your client information in one central location.
- Easily generate phone list, mailing list,
e-mail list, contact list and any other list from your client
- Record client activities/correspondences.
- Record client feedback
- Create Client invoices and quotations. Automatically
convert a quote to an invoice.
- Record offers made to clients.
- Record products purchased by clients.
- Record sales opportunities.
Broadcast messages via e-mail to your clients or internal
users. You can also merge data from your database to create a
personalized message. You can also include attachments in the
- Quickly and easily notify your clients via
e-mail of new products or fixes for your existing products without
the time consuming task of sending out letters.
- Broadcast message to clients on a special
The inventory management component keeps all your asset data in
one place and allows you to track asset allocations, components
that make up an asset, asset service history and support calls
for each asset.
- Define the components that make up an asset
and track the total cost for each asset. Automatically calculate
the total cost of an asset as you add/edit components for an
- Easily allocate an asset to a user and or
a client and re-allocate it when necessary.
- Track asset service history and the
total service cost for each asset.
Comprehensive reporting tools and graphing capabilities.
- Print a variety of reports. For example,
how long it took to resolve an incident, how old is an incident,
when is the last response date for an incident, the estimated,
actual and variance of time and cost for each incident. You
can also select the fields you want printed, specify a filter
to select the required records and how the report should be
sorted. This feature gives you an unlimited view of your data.
- Graph your data to look at how calls
are distributed and analyze trends. See the big picture at a
glance with Distribution and Trend graphs.
INCIDENT FILTERS, VIEWS, SORT FIELDS
AND CELL STYLES
Use filters, views and sort fields to show you the records you
want to see in the form you need to see it in.
- Filters are a powerful facility that allows
you to do exactly that – a filtering of database information
to view selected records only. As you add records and your database
becomes bigger, it becomes more difficult to locate the records
you are interested in. For example, you may want to look at
only calls that have not been allocated to the development teams
for resolution, or enhancements requested by your clients, or
all clients in a given country.
- Filters can also be used in reports, graphs,
import, export, broadcast message and mail merge operation.
- Views allow you to select specific fields
to be displayed on the grid on the main window. You can also
attach a filter, sort fields and cell style to a view.
- User defined sort fields allow you to sort
your records by more than one field. For example, you can sort
your records by Reference # in ascending order, followed by
Status in descending order and Call Type in ascending order.
- Cell style allows you to highlight records
based on the value of a field. For example, if Priority is Low,
set the color to green, if High, set it to red.
CUSTOMIZED FORM DESIGNER
Use the program as supplied or change it to work your way. Set
up your own databases, the way you want them. Change your view
of information, define field names and attributes, attach a list
box to a field and use the form designer to design your own window
– you name it. Each field is fully configurable.
- Form designer. Hide fields you don't need,
move fields around by dragging and dropping them to a new position
and specifying the tab order of each fields.
- Configurable field properties let you define
field names, compulsory fields, attach list boxes (look up)
to fields and provide default values.
- Incident and asset number can be generated
or user defined. If you select to have the reference number
generated, you can specify the parts that make up the reference
number to suite your needs.
OPTIONAL ADD-ON MODULES
The following optional add-ons are available for Aegis Help Desk.
- E-mail Server
- Report Scheduler
- System Alerts
- Workstation Audit
- Database Monitor
See information about Aegis Add-On Modules here.
AND MUCH MORE…
- Interface to external e-mail systems
- Full security control
- Record templates, auto complete and populate
options for quick and accurate data entry
- Unlimited number of databases
- Data import and export
- Group update and delete
- Configurable audit history
- Create unlimited user groups
- Full security
- Option to change colors used for grid, headings,
scroll buttons, compulsary fields, list bars, contact fields
- Option to change field names, hide and rename
- Option to create list boxes and list box values,
and add these list boxes to almost any field
- Mail merge with Word documents
- Define your own list boxes and values (lookups)
- Product inventory
- Track competitors
- Track cost centers, custodians, locations,
manufacturers, service providers and suppliers
- Track staff training history
- Record staff’s internal and external
charge rates for costing
- Reminders to remind you of due dates or other
- Copy record to clipboard
- Network ready for multi-user environment